Development trends and future directions of the tourism industry in the districts of Fallujah and Habbaniyah
Tourism is one of the most important economic indicators in the districts of Fallujah and Habbaniyah, as it has natural and human components and tourism infrastructure that can be developed to achieve sustainable tourism development. In this research, the potentials and components of tourism development were studied through a geographical analysis of the state of tourism in terms of the geographical distribution of the current tourist sites and the possibility of developing them. In light of the foregoing, a strategy for tourism development in the future has been developed, with focus on the following axes:
- Developing the current tourist city in Habbaniyah.
- Development and reconstruction of the tourist town of Tharthar.
- Encouraging desert tourism.
- Encouraging religious and archaeological tourism.
- Create a new tourist city
- Then investing the Euphrates River, which is the lifeblood and, on its banks, recreational and tourism activities revolve.